User roles give way too much permission (Urgent)

I added the word “urgent” to this request because we cannot give any company a ‘reporting’ role until you remove the recordings from their permissions. They cannot be allowed to listen to personal information being discussed on the call. Please, urgently, do something about this. We cannot give any company access, period.

From what you can see, to what you can do, the user permissions for a user with a ‘reporting’ role gives WAY too much power. They can see too many features, change too much, and are allowed more permission than they should be allowed. It should literally be ‘reports’, and that’s it, just how the role is labeled. (not listening to calls, text conversations, or anything else for instance) It’s kind of crazy that someone thought a ‘reporting’ role should have access to this stuff. We’re giving third-parties access to view call reporting, not listen to our calls or have access to other features via a “Reporting” role. Is that even legal, are we liable for sharing these calls? This is something I really hope you fix asap.

Ideally, we should be able to use ‘default’ permissions for a Reporting or Manager role, or add/remove permissions and make the role a little more custom.

Hi @Scotte,

Thank you for your requests! I’m working my way through them but wanted to address this one first. I hope to be able to understand your need more clearly. Are you familiar with the Notification user? The Notification can receive emails with full call logs and daily or weekly stats for your account, but cannot log into CallRail. Would this be more in line with the data you are looking for your 3rd Parties to have access to?

I do understand your frustration with the naming of the Reporting user. While our intention is to meet everyone’s needs with the user roles, there are scenarios where our predefined roles don’t fit a customer’s exact needs. The more information about your needs we gather, the better we can consider the current roles and any future roles we may add.

Thank you again for your request and for being a member of our community and a CallRail customer.
Christina