Notifications by IVR (IE by a department)

So, we have one main company phone number, then we use the IVR to allow "press 1 for dept x… press 2 for dept y… etc.

The issue is with notifications. I can ONLY have notifications setup for ALL department options. IE I can create notifications for ALL departments so we get an email to ONE email address for ALL departments.

I CANNOT assign specific notifications based on the department used. My work around is to have the main phone number FORWARD to different Call Rail Companies. Now I am billed on 2x the minutes. But it allows my notifications by department.

We need a fix on this. How on earth do other companies make due?!?!

Hey @matthewfgpm - Have you tried using tags? You can automatically assign a tag to a call based on the department that the call is routed to in the call flow (see our support article on how to do this here). Then you can set up call notifications to only be sent if they have that specific tag applied to them.

For example, if your call flow has a menu step that alerts the caller to “Press 1 for sales, 2 for support…” and your customer presses 1 for sales, the next step in the call flow will automatically assign the “Sales” tag to the call. Then you set up a notification to be sent to your sales manager for all calls tagged “Sales”.

Does this help?
Bryan

Thanks Bryan, sounds like that could solve my issues. I will look into this today. =)

Sincerely,

Matthew Burch, Broker

matthew@feelgoodpm.com

www.FeelGoodPM.com
CAL BRE#: 01987336

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission, and any attachments, may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission or any attachment and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of any information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.

Do you have any instruction on setting up notifications from Tags? I can’t seem to find it out on help center. thx.

Sincerely,

Matthew Burch, Broker

matthew@feelgoodpm.com

www.FeelGoodPM.com
CAL BRE#: 01987336

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission, and any attachments, may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission or any attachment and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of any information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.

Sure thing. It looks like the screenshot in the support article for setting up notifications doesn’t have a company selected. The “Filter by Tag” option appears in the Interaction column of the Edit Notification section when you have a company selected in the first dropdown.

Hope this helps!
Bryan

Got it, thanks.

Sincerely,

Matthew Burch, Broker

Feel Good Property Management

matthew@feelgoodpm.com