Integration with Google Data Studio

I dumped my call data into a Google sheet to be able to populate some visual data inside of Google Data Studio, but I am pretty limited by what I can do with the data at this point. I would love to see some effort to export a report or connect directly to CallRail data inside of Google Data Studio. Not sure if this is even close to being on your radar since GDS is still in beta, but data visualization seems to be on an upward trajectory.

Thanks,
Will

Fantastic suggestion. We’ve just begun to use GDS internally and having a tight CallRail integration with Google Data Studio would be great. I’m going to bring this up at our next meeting. Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually, one quick question I have. Can you explain a bit about what call tracking metrics you’d like to visualize in GDS? Any specific thing you’re looking to visualize or work off of?

+1 for this.

@mark as much as possible for me :wink:

I am looking to pull in the missed call report into Google data Studio +1

Corey and Stefano, thanks so much for adding your requests. It’s really helpful to know how you are looking to use potential integrations! I will send this info along to our dev team for consideration.

I typically like to display calls by source, both new and returning callers. Since we’ve begun to use live chat, I think it will be important to break down exactly how customers prefer to communicate with our clients.

I would like to see some of the new metrics such as call scoring and the new keyword spotting features. Basically being able to better tie together the source with the call and the result.

Hey Mark. Thank you for considering this!

There are a couple of items that would be important to us:

• Ability to show and report on calls separately based on duration and whether it’s unique
  • Ability to attribute data to AdWords campaigns manually - meaning, being able to attribute it appropriately in the report without using a keyword pool. We track many of our campaigns through utm tags because it’s more economical for our clients that purchasing a keyword pool for each campaign.
  • Ability to report on calls based on labels/tags added in CallRail - so if we mark a call as qualified, it would be great to be able to include that in a report without calls marked as unqualified.

Hi Everyone!

We are excited to share that your feedback opened up an opportunity for us to partner with Google on their Google Data Studio Community Connectors developer launch! You’re now able to start using the beta version of our integration and start visualizing your data!

Here you can find Google’s Community Connector Gallery to get access to our connector, and we’ve created a support doc to walk you through setup.

Our Product Owner for this integration, Jason Tatum, also did an awesome AMA on our blog that gives some background on how and why we worked on this feature, and what you can expect in the future. :grinning:

Please share any questions or feedback you have here, and @tatum and I are happy to help!

Hi Kate

The walk through support doc is very good thank you and it’s got me most of the data I want to see for the client, however there’s one chart I just can’t seem to create and that’s just the number of calls over time. I am trying to replicate the typical chart we see in CallRail but just can’t figure out which new connection it is.

Do you have any demo reports / dashboards we could use so we can make a copy and then change the data source accordingly.

Thank you, great job by the way, stopped by your SMX East stand last week and was very impressed.

Andy

Hey there @badboybart,

Happy to hear you’re taking advantage of this integration! This is some great feedback.

Currently, the beta version of our integration only allows users to group reports by a single dimension (such as source, keyword, or landing page), and does not feature any time dimension. This is because the API endpoint we are using on our end is not able to group the data by time series outside of the default date range option offered by Google.

I can definitely see a use case for this and think this is a great request for an update to the integration. We’ll pass this feedback along to our product team.

Thanks!

Thank you Madelyn for your quick response (I haven’t even emailed the boss about the new report I have created using GDS).

The chart is a standard we send to all our clients, at the moment we grab a screenshot of the chart and paste it into a PowerPoint doc, it would be great to be able to integrate it into the same GDS report we use for Analytics.

Thanks again…happy to test / supply feedback to the product team if you wish.

Andy

Is this still the case? I want to set up client reports in Data Studio and the time dimension would be a critical feature in setting up the reports the way I would like.

Hey there - this is currently still the case, we have not yet made any updates to the beta version of our Google Data Studio integration. We’ll definitely send along this feedback to our product team, and keep you updated as any enhancements are added to the integration.

Hi, Is the data connector still under development, or has any further work been suspended? There are a lot of good feature requests which have been suggested, that would greatly enhance our use of CallRail. Any hope for something new coming out soon?

Hi, I’m Tatum, a Product Manager on the CallRail team. I wanted to let you know that enhancements to Google Data Studio are on our near-term roadmap and you should likely see some improvements this year.