Email as "Source" for Keyword Pools

When doing email campaigns it would be great if there was an email software integration (e.g. MailChimp) that would display the source “email” of calls generated from an email campaign link for those that use Keyword Pool Tracking.

Example:
Email promotion campaign with website links to various products. People click through to website to review product and then go to location/contact page to make a telephone inquiry. The source would be recorded as “email”.

Hey there Harley - integrating with other email tools is a great suggestion and something I would definitely be interested in hearing more about. Are you primarily using Mailchimp for your email campaigns? Any other tools out there of interest to you, (or any other CallRail users out there) such as SendGrid, Constant Contact, or Emma?

In the meantime, I do have a workaround for you. You can use utm_campaign in your URL to designate email campaigns, i.e. www.yourbusiness.com/?utm_campaign=mayemailnewsletter or whatever works for your organization’s reporting. CallRail will automatically parse that campaign data from the URL if you’re using keyword-level tracking, and pull that into the call log, the call details page, and any email alerts you may have setup. You can then report via the campaign filter to effectively determine how many calls you’re generating from email.

Thanks for the workaround, Madelyn. In regards to email marketing software, MailChimp is the main one we’re most interested in and I think it is the one with the largest market share of users.