Call volume is misrepresented on Call Log and reporting

Please update the reporting Filter to allow us to see total unique “customers” who called in “today”. Yes we can filter by First Time Callers, but if that caller called 6 months ago, they wont be represented today.

We look at customer call volume daily, as your graph tries to illustrate. We are able to filter by Inbound Only (good), and then First Time Caller (meh). The good part of First Time Caller filter means if someone called us 10 times, at least they are only represented once…UNLESS they called yesterday. Then they dont show up for today’s report.

Please configure the report to show First Time Callers for TODAY, or a customizable timeframe (this week, last month, whatever). Right now, unless we count it manually, we cant get an accurate number of 1 time callers (unique customers) who called today. The reporting is jacked and misrepresents unique customers for the day. Please advise, thank you -

It sounds like what you’re looking for would be best found on the Unique Callers report we have. It is the third option on the left sidebar in our Activity section. This report can be filtered to the specific day or date range you want, and it will show you the number of specific callers you had in the time frame along with how many times they called.

If that doesn’t meet your needs, can you give us some context on what information is missing from that report?

Hi Michael, thank you. This shows a list of people, the number of times they called, but doesn’t have a graph or total. Where is that located?

You’re right that we don’t have a graph. What would you expect it to be graphing?

For the total, we do have a header for the table that says how many unique callers there were for the date range you selected. If you used the export, the number of rows, minus the header row, would give you the same information as well.

Hi Michael, I was hoping we would get the same type of line graph that we get on the Call Log screen. This would show (illustrate) true representation of customer demand for that time range. As it is now, I can have a customer call me 8 times because they are lost, and that skews the true customer demand for our services (unique customer). I would hope the unique caller view/screen would have the same format in terms of line graph that the Call Log screen has.

Exporting data into an excel on my desktop that has a graph, and the manual manipulation to get a visual view outside of callrail isnt the most efficient. Can you please put in an update request. The call log view, with graph, tells us a story that doesnt really help to make business decisions (i.e. we spike with unique calls on these days, etc). An old lady who cant find our clinic and calls us those 8 times isnt helpful

Thanks

Charting Unique Callers is an interesting question, because a person doesn’t have a single time that we can associate them with. Given that a person could call in multiple times, which date do we use for their data. For the Unique Callers report table, we are showing the number of unique callers within the complete time period that is selected. If you’re looking at the month of November, then you would see the unique number of people that called for the entire month. When charting, we’re providing a data point for smaller time periods within that range.

Problems arise when one person calls on multiple days within the time period. Say someone called 5 different days in the month of November. There are two possible ways to chart the data.

First, we could make sure the chart total and table total match. We would only use the most recent call for the “time” that unique person made their call. The problem with this is it can leave off a large volume of repeat calls if they were on different days.

Second, we could change the uniqueness for the chart to be for the time period being displayed. That would allow you to chart the unique callers for each individual day separately. The difficulty there is that the total from the chart and the total for the table won’t match. The chart will almost always have a higher total.

Do those those options make sense? Do you have a preference between the two?