Call Tracking from Specific Website Referral

I bought banner ad space from private website and want to track calls from that website. I’ve already gotten Adwords fully implemented and it’s working great.

I also bought banner ad space from a website that I want to start tracking. I am trying to do it by using the utm_source feature, so I made utm_source=pc in Callrail. Then, for the web referral from the specific website, I changed all the links so that the urls were now www.mywebsite.com/directory/&utm_source=pc at the end. But it doesn’t seem to be working.

1. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong or how I can get it to work?
  2. Does anyone know (assuming I can get it working) whether the user who clicked would now be recorded as a call from that website’s referral 60 days later (like it does with Adwords)? Or would it have to be immediate?

Hi @tribe1689! Thanks so much for posting your question. According to what you posted you are doing everything correctly in terms of set up. This is something our support team will need to look into for you. Can you please send me a DM with the email address associated with your account? I’ll get that to our team for you and someone will reach out soon.

As for your second question, this depends on cookie duration. Our default duration is set to one year, so you should be covered in this case. You can also set it up so that specific sources override a visitor’s first visit. You’ll find easy step-by-step instructions for doing that here: https://support.callrail.com/hc/en-us/articles/215305283

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!