API for adding a blocked number

We are getting a lot of robocalls and other unwanted inbound calls on some of our CallRail numbers.

We manage all of our CallRail calls and texts within our CRM (and don’t typically use the CallRail interface to review and manage calls). We’d like to add an automation to our CRM that adds a specific phone number to the blocked numbers list in CallRail. We had hoped that there would be a CallRail API we could call for this.

I’ve opened a support ticket to confirm that there’s currently no CallRail API for adding a blocked number. The support rep suggested I open up this topic in the forums to see if others would like this API as well.

We were experiencing the same. We setup a call-flow to require a menu option to initiate the call (i.e. press 1 for sales 2 for service). Thus if it’s a fax or other junk call it will not connect and be routed to your team.

Hi @bcarovano,

Thank you for this request! We are currently taking a deep dive look at our API and Integrations and will keep this request in mind as we plan. We’ll keep you posted!

In the meantime, what CRM are you using?

Thank you for being a member of our community and a CallRail customer.

Christina

@christina.bourne - we use Podio (www.podio.com) as our CRM platform. Podio has a really good developer platform, and is already able to access the CallRail API via cURL. We would just need an endpoint for adding a blocked number. Thank you!

Hi @bcarovano Thanks again for submitting this request. We agree this is a worthwhile enhancement to the API and have added it to the list of future enhancements. I don’t have a timeline for you at this time, but will provide an update when we do.

Thank you for being a CallRail customer and a member of our community!

We really need this feature as well as logging into callrail to block all the spam callers is super time consuming. Not sure why this was not built into the api to start with.