Analytics Comparison between current and previous Month

So unless we’ve missed something, my team has not been able to figure out how to compare calls by traffic source between current months and previous months. If you know how, please help haha and if it isn’t an option, then let’s make it happen!

Thanks,
Spencer

Hi Spencer,

The answer depends a bit on what you mean by “traffic source”.

If you are referring to the tracking numbers themselves, we have a Calls by Number Custom Report that can provide monthly interval data for a variety of metrics. Support Article: https://support.callrail.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007316031

If you are looking at the Source column data from the Call Log, we don’t yet have time interval data for that. The best bet for now is using the Call Log to filter to a specific Source and then using the compare feature. Support Article: https://support.callrail.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028648491

We are working on a new Call Attribution report that has the features of the Calls by Number report, but I can’t speak to a release date at this time.

Let me know if I can provide any additional details.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey Michael thanks for the reply

So I guess what I’m talking about is the ‘Lead Attribution by Source’. I took a look at both articles you sent over and unless I missed something it doesn’t seem like this is an option at this time. It would be super cool to be able to compare the bar graphs and the listed ‘raw leads’ section below from the current month, to the previous month in a visual manor like this.

For instance, we like to show clients that the number of calls are growing over time, but we have to take screenshots of both date ranges and then send them alongside eachother, rather than just producing 1 report to show them the change. Some sort of comparison or analytics would be so awesome to have for us and clients we hookup on the software

Here’s a screenshot of the section I’m talking about:

Thanks,
Spencer

Hey Spencer,

You’re right that we don’t have that kind of data today. I will definitely add it to our list of feature requests. The closest we have to what you’re asking about today is the Unique Callers report, which does have a chart showing unique callers over time. We are also working on a Leads report across contact types (calls, texts, forms) that will show the same chart as Unique Callers, but not limited to calls.

If you want that exact data today, you can get the report for each month you are after, export, and then chart the data in Excel. It isn’t ideal, but that can at least get you the data you are after.

Thanks,
Michael

Ok that’s great to know for sure, thank you for clarifying. For now we will use the spreadsheet but would definitely be cool if it becomes a feature in the future.

Thanks!
Spencer